
Okay, I just wanted to thank all of you for your concerns. We have had a lot of our family and friends from Utah calling and emailing to see how we are. Luckily, we are pretty much out of the fires way--besides ash in the air.
Yesterday I went out to our courtyard area on the side of our house. Because it's enclosed, it's usually a great place for the twins to roam and play--NOT TODAY! Everything was covered in ash from all the surrounding fires.
Kids weren't allowed out of the school until a parent picked them up and believe it or not, soccer practices were even cancelled (that's huge here)!
It's kinda weird. Our sky here is still blue, but there is a circle of smoke around us. We have fires on all side of us and even a few miles down the road looks like the middle of an ash storm! If you look at the pics of our area from my previous post and compare it to this one, you can see how awful the air is right now.
My sis Annie lives in San Diego and was evacuated from her house. She's staying with us for now...I guess there's one good thing that came from this :)




4 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! I am so glad you are ok. I was just about to call, and I decided to see if you posted anything about it. We have two cousins who live in Cali, and the ones who are in San Diego were evacuated.
Is there any chance of evacuation for you guys? Call me...or I'll call you!
So who's house is that picture of that is burning? That is so scary and sad for all the people who are evacuated!
That's our house duh! You were just here last week, I didn't think you would recognize it like this though:(
Okay, it's just a mansion in Malibu, well--was!
No, it's pretty devastating, so far over 1,300 homes destroyed. We feel very blessed right now!!
KJ, how is your cousins home???
No news yet. One of them doesn't seem too worried. The other one just had to evacuate today. Hopefully it is OK!
Post a Comment