LIFE

WE DO NOT REMEMBER DAYS, WE REMEMBER MOMENTS.

FAMILY PICS

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

LIFE IN CALIFORNIA


We are finally settled here in California and lovin'it! We have been exploring California and getting to know the area. We have been to 5 beaches (we live 6 miles from the ocean) and we've even been to San Diego for the weekend. We especially like going to the beach for family night and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

We live about 20 minutes from Disneyland, but we haven't been yet. We're planning on going next week. More on that later...

The kids are loving our neighborhood! We live one block from a water park, skate park, pool, tennis courts, rock climbing wall, park, Mylee's elementary and Brooks' preschool. All are part of the community we live in. We pretty much walk everywhere we go!

We have tons of great shopping, spas, restaurants, a farmers market and a maggie moos (we visit it at least once a day!) in our local mercantile. We also have great neighbors. There are at least 5 families in our ward that live on the same block as us and TONS of kids.

We are really enjoying the life here, but missing all of you :(
Hope this gets you excited to come visit :)

19 comments:

Brianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brianne said...

It looks absolutely beautiful. That is so where I want to be! We are hoping to re-locate...we are actually SUPER serious about it. I am hoping we have a decision soon...NO MORE WINTERS!

k8shoe said...

Mel, HOLY CRAP that looks like a dream place. I am SO jealous! I think we'd be so broke if we lived there though cuz there's way too many fun things to spend money on.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Bri-You would love it here! Home prices are still dropping and should continue for the next year-it's a good time to move! We're just watching the market waiting for the right home. I'm trying to talk Jane into 1st-having kids and 2nd-moving here :) Sorry I missed you when you were down, I didn't get Jane's email until after you had already gone home...next time!

Katie-You would think that since everything here(in our neighborhood)is part of our HOA you wouldn't have to spend a lot of moey...but you're right. There is TONS to do here. I feel like we are always on vacation, but I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing(well, only for the budget, budget-smudget!) Can't wait to see you guys NEXT WEEK!

-KJ said...

Too much fun! Spencer just asked me "WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE BROOKS!" He is tired waiting! He won't want to leave once he gets there. Serioulsy, your neighborhood looks ideal! I would love to live in a place like that. It is so nice that you have been doing so much as a family everyday and having a blast! I need to convince Kev to stay for two weeks so it is just a lazy vaca! Have fun at DL with the Dicksons!

k8shoe said...

So McKay wants me to ask you what kind of pizza you had.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

LAME! I am so sad I got cut-It's a long story-but I don't think they liked the fact that I tore up a pic of Britney Spears butt and told them it was PORN!
oh well, I had the pineapple, ham & mushroom-oh and we hung out with matchbox 20 too! Details coming soon :)

-KJ said...

I need more info about Jimmy Kimmel than that! What is this about MB20? Tell me about the girly weekend!!! Come on!
BTW, Kev thinks this post was dedicated to she who shall remain nameless. You know, the one who said you were in for a suprise about Cali living. Hee hee!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Yeah, we totally met Matchbox twenty(I love Rob Thomas) and he got us into his concert and back stage-way cool. We had a pretty crazy weekend-Jimmy Kimmel, Matchbox twenty, surfing, skydiving, getting cought by Johnny Depps guard, flat tire(we changed it in 10 MIN!) I'll try and get it blogged this week. And Kev is so right ON about the "dedication". If only she had my blog address...

Brianne said...

I really want to hear all about your adventures! It sounds like some good stories. And I love Rob Thomas too!

-KJ said...

OK, now I am so sad I didn't go! Last Saturday, the week before the girls came down, Kev asked why I wasn't going! What!!! I told him I didn't ask because I thought he would have said no because we are going down later. He said, 'Good call.' Wah wah wah! Now I am bitter ;)!

k8shoe said...

You're bitter? I should have gone too, dang it! If only it wasn't 4 days before our Disney trip. P.S. Is this nameless person that you are referring to also known as the "Princess"? What'd she say?

-KJ said...

Yes. She said that Mel was in for a big suprise when they got there. Meaning that it would not be as great as they thought, and they were in for a rude awakening. WHATEVEH! She said that between naps, of course.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I told you guys to come, we need to get another girls trip arranged! Also, she was SO RIGHT! We have been PLESANTLY "surprised". It's great here, but it's no surprise how much we miss you guys! We better not EVER loose touch and have lot's of get togethers!!!

-KJ said...

Are you guys coming for any of the holidays? We will be in LV for Thanksgiving, but we need to all go to dinner if you have time when you are here for Christmas.

OH I KNOW! We need to make sure we do a girls b-day thing. Katie and Amy are in Dec, I am in Jan and you are in Feb!!!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Such a good idea! Let's get it planned! We have family coming down for Thanksgiving, but we will be up for Christmas. Oh! I am so excited to go back to Utah-CRAZY I know-cold, snow (it's been in the 80's this week), but it will be so much fun to see you guys!!!

-KJ said...

Hey, it was 80 here too! THAT is crazy!

Tia said...

Melanie--
let's just say I am totally sold by your little slide show. Now if I can only talk Peter into it......Hmmmm....

Your neighborhood looks awesome. i am glad you guys are loving it out there.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Tia! It is so good to hear from you! Do you have a blog? I'll have to add you to my friends list so we can stay in touch. Seriously though, when you're ready let me know and we'll totally hook ya up! Right now I'm working on getting Bri down here :)