LIFE

WE DO NOT REMEMBER DAYS, WE REMEMBER MOMENTS.

FAMILY PICS

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Less than 24 hours and one down!

So, I had had my new nails on for less than 24 hours when we had a house fire at work. I was doing great and no one even noticed because I had my thick fire gloves on. After over 6 hours of fighting fire, it was finally out, and all 10 nails were still attached. When we started to clean up (usually everyone's air packs, helmets, coats, gloves, etc. immediately come off to lessen the weight), I (of course) left my gloves on (heaven forbid any of the guys see that I had my nails done--I would NEVER hear the end of it!). But one of the guys happened to notice my gloves were still on. He jokingly asked me, "Why are your gloves still on? Did you get your nails done?" "Ha ha ha , yeah right!" I replied. He laughed too. Whew! Got past that one--barely!
As we were taking apart each hose section preparing to leave (we use a wrench-type tool) the tool slipped and one of my nails took the fall. It came completely off. Oh the pain!!! What was I thinking doing acrylic nails???
I came straight home and cut every single nail. There's no way I'm going through that pain and humiliation again!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm so happy to see you've started a new blog. Loved your slide show, way cute.

k8shoe said...

Such cute pictures on your slide show. Such a cute family! I'm so glad you're back. We missed you! Wait, we're going to miss you! I can't believe you're moving that far away. Seriously, you guys are moving back soon right?

-KJ said...

Hello? Are you alive, wait, I mean I am alive!!! Holy crap! It makes me so sad that we have both been so busy right before you are leaving!!! It makes me so sad! Guess that means we have to go to Cali soon! We NEED to catch up this week!