LIFE

WE DO NOT REMEMBER DAYS, WE REMEMBER MOMENTS.

FAMILY PICS

Thursday, July 12, 2007

FORTUNE COOKIES - ARE THEY TRUE?



Okay, so when I was in high school(isn't that the best way to start a sentence?) Anyway, I was at a volleyball tournament and we had an hour to spare before our next game. My friend Verla and I walked over to the grocery store and purchase a box of fortune cookies. As we were walking back to the high school I decided to open a cookie. Just as I opened the package, the cookie inside fell to the ground and broke in thousands of pieces, okay more like 10-15 but who's counting? We were going to just keep walking and let it go, but turned around not able to just leave my fortune laying on the ground unread! As I picked the mysterious white label from out of the cookie wreckage it read (and I can still quote it to this day )"Your clumsy and inquisitive ways will get you through life." From that day on, I swear every fortune cookie I open has some truth as to what is to come! So, the reason for this story from over 10 years ago...Uncle Mike treated us to some yummy Chinese food the other night and we were left with a pile of extra fortune cookies. Mylee opened a cookie and the fortune read "A pleasant surprise is in store for you soon." Hum, fun :) Just as she finished reading the fortune a knock was at the door. As she opened the door, it was our neighbor standing there. To our "surprise" she was holding a plate of "pleasant" looking peanut butter bars. We were definitely overdo for a plate of cookies...but so "soon"?

3 comments:

k8shoe said...

I hope they're true cuz I get some really good ones that I pray will come true. Maybe they only come true for the lucky ones!

-KJ said...

...IN BED! Haha!
I know who those peanut butter bars came from and I didn't get any! LAME! ;)

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I love to see that I still have my faithful supporters! Getting comments from you guys makes me want to add more posts...keep up the great comments-hehe!!!