LIFE

WE DO NOT REMEMBER DAYS, WE REMEMBER MOMENTS.

FAMILY PICS

Monday, August 4, 2008

THE PERFECT CHEER!


So, Dwight and I recently had the chance to re-live our high school glory days of cheerleading. Well okay, we weren't BOTH cheerleaders...I would NEVER do that! I just made fun of them (which made this the perfect role for me).
HA HA sistas, you know I love ya! "Uh-huh, uh-huh. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh."

This was actually pretty fun. Our ward had an "Academy Awards" night with a few "guest apperances." We dressed up as the Spartan Cheerleaders from SNL and did a few cheers.

I'm pretty sure we won't EVER live this down!

Roll call! cha cha butchee, cha cha cha butchee roll call.

Arianna: I'm Arianna, I have team spirit, I don't do drugs, so check me out.

Together: Cha cha butchee, cha cha cha butchee Roll call.

Craig: My name is Craig, I'm on prescriptions, I am a spartan, so check me out.

Well you want a victory, well that makes you a wisher, cause on thing is for sure you ain't no Bobby Fischer. Bobby Fischer where is he? I don't know! I don't know! Bobby Fischer where is he? I don't know! I don't know! Go ask your momma and make sure you listen, cause one thing is for sure Bobby Fischer's missin'. Bobby Fischer where is he? I don't know! I don't know! Bobby Fischer where is he? I don't know! I don't know! He's Gone!

17 comments:

mckell said...

Holy crap you guys rock so hard core! So check you out!

How is cali? I need to get out there... but I probably wont make it before school starts again. bummer. When are you coming out to Utah? Soon right? I will for sure come down and try really hard to bring Mike too!

Jane said...

No way! You guys are so awesome. Please tell me you have that on video??! Dwight deserves some award for coolest husband ever for doing that, or was it his idea?! Love it!

Darcie said...

Wow, you guys are crazy. I know you guys love to dress up. I don't remember you putting anything down about Dwight being a cheerleader in his former life. GO Wild Cats!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Let's just say Dwight had to talk ME into doing this...yeah, it's on video and it's freakin' SCARY! Oh and Darcie, Dwight wasn't a cheerleader in his former life, it was THIS life! How is it that you didn't know that? Somehow you missed his shrine of cheer camp trophies on our mantel?
McKell-we were going to come to Utah for a few weeks, but with our move it will end up being just the last week of August :( You better be there!

Jenny H said...

That is so funny...But, Mel. I do remember you trying out for 8th grade cheerleader or something like that. Confess your sins.

ScottBoomer said...

Can't wait to show these to the guys at the fire station.
By the way you've spelled my last name wrong in your links.
Its BREDTHAUER.

Harmony said...

I so wish I could have seen that in person. -H

Makell said...

What the freak! (those are really the only words I have)

I hope that you guys did the spirit fingers correctly or you are going to give a bad name to all the awesome cheerleaders out there. I know of a few REALLY cool ones.....

Get me that video!!!

-KJ said...

OH, I love it! OK, next cruise we go on...
You guys are crazy. Oh, and its official. I am going dark again. I miss it after seeing you! Can't wait to see you next week.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

That's funny--I just went pretty blond a few days ago. Give me a few months and I'll return to the dark side with you...SOOO excited to see you too, I've really missed you guys tons!!!

k8shoe said...

Bring the video when you come to Utah! Sean can critque Dwight's moves. Was D really a "yell leader" too?

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

We totally need to get those two together for a "yell" off :)
Yeah, he was a "yell leader" only not quite at the same level as Sean. He gave it up after his 9th grade year...he could have been amazing if only!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Oh my I love this! My friends and i reinact the SNL spartan cheerleaders all the time i love it so much! That's awesome you guys did it, I will have to see the video of this

Blondie Blues said...

You two are hillarious! I would have loved to see that. Mylee looks so dang gorgeous and OLD all dolled up in her dance attire. Hope all is well...

Makell said...

the only reason i'm not mad at you for not updating your blog is because every time I check it and see your cheer pics I have a little laugh all over again. Love your jump - - - good stuff!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

"Tag" your it. sorry! you may have already seen this but if not go to my blog for instructions on what to do. I hope all is well :)

Gentry Fam said...

We can say "We were there and we saw it, and it was AWESOME!" No we will never forget it! Love it!