LIFE

WE DO NOT REMEMBER DAYS, WE REMEMBER MOMENTS.

FAMILY PICS

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



SO, I was just wondering if any of you can tell what my latest change is?


This is my friend Kjersten on the right (I'm on the left in case you didn't recognize me). She recently had hers done and it looked just like what I've been wanting to do, but have debating if it was right for me...

I finally got the guts to just do it and here is the finished product. SO, what do you think??? Is this the right color for me?

What? NO! Of course not! I just stuffed "them" with about 5 pairs of socks so our pictures wouldn't look so lopsided. All I did was color my hair--I can't believe you didn't even notice that!

Ha,Ha! So here's the story...
Kjersten really did JUST color her hair, but because of the angle that the picture was taken, it looked like she had done more than just her hair. On her blog, the comments left were not so much about her new hair color (she was blond), but about how much BIGGER she looked (BTW, I really do love your new hair color).

I just couldn't resist, I had to do it! You know I love ya KJ :)
So for real, here are a few before and after pics. Let me know what you think...




30 comments:

k8shoe said...

I like it a lot! Is pretty! I didn't dare go as bold as you two so I did the darker streaks but they're already starting to fade.

k8shoe said...

By the way, have you ever thought of being a hair model? You're hair is PERFECT!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Thanks, though if you saw it close up you might change your mind! I didn't know you did dark streaks--it must have been recent. I want to see pics!

-KJ said...

I love them! All those volumptuous strands of hair of course! Seriously, it looks awesome! I am glad you did it!!! I cannot believe how long your hair is! That is sooooo not fair!
I don't know why my comments were directed otherwise in my blog. I didn't think they looked that much bigger. Maybe next time I will bend over a little more so they can really have something to talk about!

k8shoe said...

Ok, is that you in the first pic? If not, who is it? I got streaks a few weeks ago and eyelash extensions just barely. I would highly recommend that you don't bother with the extensions unless you have super short eyelashes. I do however still want to try tinting my eyelashes....has anyone done that?

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Kj, your hair better still be dark when I come in Dec. I'm excited to see it! Glad you like them (my strands of hair :)
Katie, heck yes it is! I was trying to mimic Kj's pic, but thought it would be funny to focus more on the boobs (well, in my case--socks :)
I highly recommend tinting your eyelashes! It looks like you always have mascara on but you don't feel like you do. I do it every summer. It is SOO great! I also used to perm my lashes which was also great, but it's hard to find someone that is good at it (if they're not, it just doesn't work).

-KJ said...

Tons of people would tint their eyelashes when I worked in the salon. Mine are just natrually black sooooo, that is the only thing natural I have. Kidding!
My hair will still be dark when you come. I am actually going to freshen it up before you get here. I am going blonde again in the spring. You know that if you lighten your hair it helps the weather warm up faster, right?

k8shoe said...

If that really was a stuff job, that's the best one I've seen!

-KJ said...

She's been practicing. She has to fit in in SoCal ya know. She is just trying to figure out how many socks she likes so she can show the doctor.

-KJ said...

Hey, are you kneeling in those pictures? If you aren't, those are the tallest light switches I have ever seen.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I was wondering if anyone noticed...yeah, I put the camera on timer and took the pics myself I wasn't about to make someone take glamour shots of me!). Also, kj's right Katie, practice makes perfect! Forget about cc's--I'll have two ancle socks please :) Also, I went to the beach today, I don't recommend socks with swimming suits!

k8shoe said...

OH MY GOSH...I'm laughing really hard right now. I'd love to see someone with ankle socks in their bikini top.

ScottBoomer said...

You had me going there, I really thought you had your boobs done. I was wondering what you were thinking. Hair looks great though

ScottBoomer said...

I just showed it to some of the guys at the station, they thought it was funny, they were also a little disapointed to find out all you really changed was your hair. Everyone says "Hi" by the way.

-KJ said...

OH! I thought she meant her natural shape is, as I liked to call my old set, EMPTY ankle socks. Now I get it. You prefer ACTUAL ankle socks! Much less expensive.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Boomer, you are so not allowed to leave comments on my blog--it really makes me miss all you guys! AND, I can't believe you showed it to the guys at the station...I can only imagine the rumors that will be going around. I'll be up there for Christmas, I'll make sure and stop by (the station and to see Lari and Lucy :)

KJ--I think that's why I choose ancle socks to stuff with, for some odd reason, they were the first thing that came to my mind--if you know what I mean :)

Cassie said...

Hey nice rack! Oops, I mean hair... Fun to go dark for the fall isn't it?

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Yeah, I like it so much I'm considering staying dark... :)

-KJ said...

...until summer comes!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Girlfriend, it's always summer here and EVERYONE here is blond! I'm liking the dark--indefinitely :)

Brianne said...

LOVE the hair! The boobs look good too:) I guess if everyone down there is blonde, I must need to get down there and mix things up!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

That's right you do! I really stick out now--I need a little support here, SOON :)

-KJ said...

Good plan! Way to rub it in jerkface. All I'm saying is that the blonde always finds a way back, but I like the change for a while too!
BTW, Kev thought the boobs were real! He didn't read the post though! Funny!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

maybe they are, maybe they aren't...
p.s. I can't afford to go back blond. I had to go buy an entirely new wardrobe because none of the colors I had looked good with dark hair--I even had to buy new make-up!

Heidi Louise said...

Love the hair Mel... I am jealous, I have always wanted to go dark but haven't ever dared.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Heidi,
That's EXACTLY where I was. I think there was so much blond down here that I finally just NEEDED the change. I'm glad I did, it's been really fun (I wish I would have done it sooner :)

ScottBoomer said...

Word got around about your blog at the station and more of the guys wanted to see it.
Floyd says the first picture had him worried.
Scott Jimmy & Wade made sure to enlarge your top photo.
Everyone thought it was funny.

Brianne said...

Speaking of changes...time for an update!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Nice boomer...more to come?!

Bri, I've been waiting for this comment...I thought it would have been Kjersten (she's the one that keeps me going--out of guilt!). I've been SOO busy lately, but I have lots of great pictures of all of it...hopefully tomorrow???

-KJ said...

Good! Get on it! Haha! I need a new post too.