So I really wanted to do the Spudman triathlon this year, but I didn't get in on time (they capped the total participants at 2,000 this year and it filled up in a matter of hours after it opened). I was bummed, but the triathlon was the last Saturday in July and we were moving that Monday, so it would be really tight. Anyway, Sidney was leaving to China the day after the Spudman and wasn't going to be able to make it. She was doing the Biking in a team with Mckell Blake and Melanie Haddock. Sidney asked me if I would do it for her. figuring I could squeeze it in, I decided to do it. I only had a few days to train, but I felt good since the bike is my strength. And I had plenty of those bright red energy beans!
We had a blast and actually ended up finishing FIRST PLACE in the team category. Mckell swam 1 mile in 20 minutes, Melanie ran 6 miles in 56 minutes & I biked 26 miles in 1 hour 9 minutes. We all did great and had the best time!
i just did a practice story it pretty much blows. the requirement is that we do a press release in class then have 10 min to write and post the story. it was the first one... i would change a lot of things about it. thats just some background. anywho whats new with your fam? i am pretty much the same as last time. things are going great. i love my classes, most of them anyways. well ttyl
4 comments:
Uh yah, I didn't even train and I took FIRST place! Oh my word Melanie! You are truly amazing!
hey you! how are you? hey i have a blog now... for class mostly how do i get friends???
What is your blog site?
mckellblake@blogspot.com
i just did a practice story it pretty much blows. the requirement is that we do a press release in class then have 10 min to write and post the story. it was the first one... i would change a lot of things about it. thats just some background. anywho whats new with your fam? i am pretty much the same as last time. things are going great. i love my classes, most of them anyways. well ttyl
Post a Comment