Last weekend Dwight and I participated in the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton (one of the largest military bases in the United States that provides training facilities for the Marines, Army and Navy units).
This was the most fun I've every had running a 10K!
The Mud Run is a challenging 10K run with hills, tire obstacles, river crossings, two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides, tunnel crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final 30-foot mud pit. They even place a 2 hour 45 minute time limit on the completion of the course (NO SWEAT!).
We are definitely going to do this again next year!
This would be fun to do as a group--Anyone up for joining us?


11 comments:
looks like fun. you look awesome by the way. :) perhaps we should put that on our calendar for next year- though you would officially kick our sorry trash. oh well- at least we would be in california and that is always fun.
You do look awesome Mel! How fun to do together!
Love it mel! I'm so in next year. I did the Muddy Buddy with my friend that kind of the same thing, but you bike and run. We should do that this year. It's normally the end of October early November in LA. I'll call ya about it when I get back in town. I love that you and Dwight did it together. It would be like pulling teeth to get Jake to do anything like that with me. You look awesome too!!
Ashley and Jane, I am SOO holding you to doing this next year--& come on Jenny, you know you want to do it! It really was a blast! Jane, get me info on the muddy buddy when you're back. Is it still open? I would SOOO love to add a bike to the mix! Way fun!!
I'm so in!!! That looks so awesome!!! It totally sounds like something you would find yourself doing - I'm not surprised at all that you did this. I can only imagine how tough you must feel! Nice Job sister!
Fine Mel. Just count on me for the comedic relief.
Hey Melanie --- Greetings for Kaysville --- It is so funny when you find the blog of someone you know just by blog hopping!!!
holy cow, you guys are tough! it sounds fun though...maybe next year... -H
Sign up Jared and I....I have heard that this is sooo much fun.
I'll pass on the run, but thanks for the invite.
I think you look a little buffer than Dwight. You might want to tell him to start hitting the weights a little more often.
mike and i should come out and do it too... he is into all this army crap so it would be fun. ps i still want to come out and see you guys... i should get on that
Post a Comment