1) Chocolate covered strawberries, bananas and marshmallows.
2) A very sweet note expressing his love for you (left for you on the pillow).
3) A warm bubble bath (with your little sweet buns in it of course).
Well, this year Dwight WASN'T home for Valentines Day, so he wasn't able to do any of these things for me :(
But believe it or not, I still got all 3 of these things.
But how you ask?
1) With a little help, he made me these:
2) A short time later, I found this on my pillow:
Then he insisted on his bubble bath.
What would I do without my little Casanova?
Mylee left me some cute valentines too.
I love my kids!
But seriously, this is only the beginning. Where do I begin?...
From the day we moved here, Mylee has made new friends and has a good friend that lives right next door. Brooks on the other hand has struggled. He's made a few friends thanks to preschool, but due to the proximity of our homes they just don't play together that often.
There are a few boys in our neighborhood that are always out skateboarding, playing football, getting into trouble--all things Brooks would LOVE to be a part of. The only problem is that he's about 3 years younger than all of them so when he asks to play they basically tell him to buzz off.
Now that you have a little background...
I took Mylee and Brooks to the store to get some Valentines stuff yesterday and Brooks saw a bucket of roses (the toy kind that you can bend and shape). He said "oh mom, I bet Hannah and Jaycee would like these. Can we get them for them?"
"No Brooks, we already have valentines for them."
"But I really want to buy them for Hannah and Jaycee."
"Then buy them with your own money."
Whenever we go to the store, Mylee and Brooks (who are on an allowance system for all their "wants"), bring their wallets with them because they know I won't buy them anything (I'm such a mean mom).
He had his wallet, so he decided he would buy these roses for them.
He wanted to give them to the girls at the Valentines party they had today, but I told him we could take them their roses later so the other kids wouldn't feel bad.
After preschool ended I told him Hannah and Jaycee could come home with us and he could give them their roses.
They wanted to play in the play room, so I told them I would get some strawberries ready and they could help me dip them in chocolate. When I was ready I ran up to tell them to come help me, but stopped when I noticed they seemed to be having a pretty serious conversation. What I heard next brought tears to my eyes:
Brooks: Can I tell you something?
Jaycee: Sure, is everything okay?
Brooks: Well, I don't exactly like living in this neighborhood.
Hannah: How come Brooks?
Jaycee: Yeah, why Brooks?
Brooks: Well, nobody likes me. All the boys in the neighborhood HATE me!
Jaycee: Well, we don't hate you. Why do you think they hate you?
Brooks: Because, when I go to their house and knock on their door to play they always tell me to go away.
Hannah: Why?
Brooks: Because they don't like me.
Jaycee: Well I have an idea! What if you pretend that you're a baby and your mom takes you over in a blankie and knocks on the door to show you to them. Then they would like you because everybody likes babies.
Brooks: Well, they wouldn't recognize me.
Jaycee: What does recognize mean?
Brooks: It's like when someone wears a costume and you don't know who they are.
Hannah/Jaycee: Oh!
Jaycee: Well, we recognize you and we like you!
Hannah: Yeah, you give us roses and candy. We think you're nice!
Brooks: Hey, do you want to play with my cars?
Jaycee: Sure, I like playing with you!
Hannah: Well, I like to play with him more.
Jaycee: No I do.
Brooks: Guys, it's okay! You both can like me the same. Now which car do you want...
He's such a little heartbreaker! I can't even imagine what I'm going to have to deal with in 12-20 years.
Can't I just stay the love of his life???
And of course, this valentines post wouldn't be complete if I didn't end with a little dedication to the true love of my life (that's you D). I'm sad we didn't get to spend Valentines Day together, but we have many more ahead of us and I appreciate how hard you work for our family! You're a wonderful husband (and father) and I can't wait to see you again in March :)
I love you!


15 comments:
ok - Dwight always was doing stuff like that when you were dating -(I don't know if he's kept it up) so I'm not surprised to see Brooks pulling out the same moves.. The young Jedi has learned well.
Way cute - it made me cry, too!
As a side note- I was looking at the blog and Ethan came over and saw Brooks' picture. He said, "What are you looking at? Brooksie.com? Just kind of made me laugh!
Shut up! Brooksie.com? I guess that's what we get for living in a .com world now days.
I love it though! What would we do without the internet?(probably be caught up on laundry, dishes, etc.!) :)
Sad but cute little dialogue of Brooks and friends. He's a sweetie! Wait, is D really gone until March? Where is he? Or is he just taking the bar?
Oh my, Brooks the little ladies man! What a little cutie. Not to worry Brooks, in a few short years, you won't want anything to do with the boys in the 'hood. You'll be wanting to spend all your time with the ladies anyway.
Ah, give him a big old smooch from his aunt Cas and cousin Lys.
I want him back here! Spencer loves him!!!
He is such a sweetie. He really is like his daddy. I love that those girls were so nice to him.
Maybe kindergarten will help! He may meet some kids that he didn't know were around!
Melanie,
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day. Brooks Valentines story is so sweet. Where is Dwight?
love ya
Hahaha- Brooks is such a cutie. John was (still is) gone for V-tines Day, too. In Italy of all places. Shouldn't he be taking his wife to the most romantic country on earth for Valentine's Day??!!
No kidding! He told me he was going, but I didn't realize it was over V-day...he owes you BIG TIME!
I am so scared for something like that, with Brooks, to happen to my girls. It broke my heart to hear that other little boys won't play with him. But you know that one day they will wish they were him because I have never seen a more handsome little man!!! He is going to be surrounded by girls from here on out!!!
I am proud to say I was there in the begining of yours and Dwights relationship(Yep Lagoon). You two were destined for each other. Let's be honest, that is the only thing good that came from us working there, huh?
Brooks is too cute! Those kids don't know what they are missing out on!
I am here visiting my parents on their mission and my Mom can't believe how big and adorable your kids are. She says Hi!
Ohhhh, I miss those days! Good times, Good times!!!
Tell your mom Hello!
Hey Mel...Cute, Cute, Cute. He is for sure a heartbreaker. Sounds like you have the best Valentine Ever!
PS - Tag...I know you have done it before, do it again. I know you want to. Come to my blog for the scoop.
dude, i miss brooksie.com already and i just was with the kid. i agree with kjiersten... you guys should just come home. brooks can play with spencer and dwight can be home... lol jk. tell dwight good luck again. talk to ya later
ps i am in my jcom class right now i will let you know what they say
Let me know what they said!!
didnt have time to talk about it. we were reviewing for a test. next time!
Post a Comment