LIFE

WE DO NOT REMEMBER DAYS, WE REMEMBER MOMENTS.

FAMILY PICS

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We had a very exciting December! Here are a few highlights:



*Annika and Mia turned TWO! We celebrated at build a bear (only they actually got bunnies--not bears). Happy birthday girlie's :)


*Mylee sings in a children's choir and they had a few performances for Christmas. One of the performances was at our town square where Santa rode in on a fire truck to light the Christmas tree.

He also brought a few of his reindeer for the kids to to pet!



*I've made some great friends here. We had a gift exchange with each other and ate TONS of yummy food!

*We visited friends and family in Utah for Christmas. We had a great time and ate WAY too much food (well, at least I did)! I was able to get my snow skiing fix in with some friends (and sister, but she's included in my "friends"). We all came close to getting frost bite on our toes and hands! I think I need to take up surfing! Christmas in Cali next year anyone???

*Home prices continue to drop in California, so we are still renting, watching & waiting for that PERFECT home at the PERFECT price--We'll see what 2008 brings...

*I am probably the last person on earth that still makes new years resolutions. I have my list of things written down somewhere--if only I could remember where I put it!

*We took the kids to Disneyland last week for family night. I think it's official--our favorite rides are 1)Splash Mountain 2)Space Mountain 3)the Matterhorn. Hmmm, do you sense a theme? And people tell us there are no "mountains" here!

*We wish everyone best wished in 2008!

27 comments:

Makell said...

Woooohoooo!!! A post! so glad to have you back, little sister. Cute pics of us on the couch - send me that one will you? I think it is funny that for family night you went to Disneyland....Our last family night we took our kids to Paces and got soft serve ice cream cones...Don't be jealous. Love you!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

We used to go to Paces for family night ALL the time. I actually kinda miss it--kinda :) I'll email ya the pic. Any sign of brooks' bug remote control? He asks to fly it EVERYDAY! I think I need to just trash it--out of sight out of mind, right?!

-KJ said...

Oh, you're alive!
This post made me miss you even more! So sad!!!!!
Whatever on Paces for family night. I would totally rather go to DL!!!
It was nice to see you guys got some snow there...spray painted on a piece of card board. Pssht!
Also, Makell looks like the odd woman out now being the only blonde in the family! Cute shot of the sistas!
Happy B-day to the twins too. So cute!

Makell said...

I do look like the odd one out -I wonder if I was adopted? That would explain a lot of why I was so cool....
Hey don't throw it away just yet - we are going through toys in the next couple of weeks....New carpet is coming..Hallelujah!

Brianne said...

I am glad you had such enjoyable holidays! Cute sisters! It was good to have a 4 hour lunch:)

k8shoe said...

I can't believe we didn't get a picture of us at lunch OR dinner! What the crap? Cute pics and nice to see a post though (even though I can't believe you have new friends in California....I know they can't be as cool as we are!)

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Are you kidding me?!--they are the coolest people EVER (I had to say that because I KNOW they read my blog--even if they don't leave comments!) Really though, you're totally right! We'll always have UTAH--cold, cold Utah :)

Bri and Katie thanks again for lunch. I had such a great time! I'm in town in march...lunch on the 7th? Kjersten, do you want to join us this time or are you going to be in Vegas???

Cassie said...

Ooh, it doesn't get much better than Build-a-Bear does it?

Are we having family pictures in August? So funny you hear things in California WAY before we do all. the. way. out. here. in. Kearns. Good grief. Have you seen these http://photographybycassie.blogspot.com/ ? I'm getting lots of practice, still feel like I know nothing, but slowly getting somewhere. I'm taking Kai's 3-yr pics next week. I'm excited, but nervous. I hope they turn out. Watch for them!

Kiss your babies for me. ALL four of 'em!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I can't wait to see Kai's pics! I bet they will be so great! Where are you taking them?

Brianne said...

AHHH!!! Did you get my e-mail??? We are in Cali on the 7th. What days are you going to be in Utah?

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Yeah, I just got it and responded to it (I'm a little slow). I realized I'll be in Utah, but only for the last few days so let's find a time to get together before then!

k8shoe said...

Let's still do lunch in Utah too! I'll be huge and ready to pop but I'd love to get a girl's day before this little one gets here.

-KJ said...

Feb 7th right?!! I am planning on it...rude!

Brianne said...

So, our dates have changed AGAIN!!! Damn Jake's work. I will e-mail you the details but I am going to be here on the 7th and planning on lunch!

k8shoe said...

Yahoo! By the way, we're celebrating Kj and Mel's birthday at that lunch since it's kinda in-between!

k8shoe said...

Yahoo! By the way, we're celebrating Kj and Mel's birthday at that lunch since it's kinda in-between!

k8shoe said...

don't know why that posted twice

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Nice! I'm so glad we'll all be able to go to lunch! I can't wait!!
Bri, let me know when you'll be coming down...you to Kjersten!

-KJ said...

So, I need to figure out a babysitter! I can't wait!
Who the H knows about when we are going to make it there. I swear, we are, then we aren't, then we are. It is making me crazy! Kev wants to see some of the Tour of California, but I don't know if that will work out either. I will keep you posted!

ScottBoomer said...

You came to Utah and didn't come see us! I'm so hurt. Are you still mad at me for showing all the guys at the station your blog and the "changes" post?

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Actually, we DID stop by but YOU were gone! We came by during the day thinking that Lariann and Lucy would at least be home (no offence, but they are cuter...) haha. We then headed up to the station thinking you might be there. They just had a call so there were about 10 guys there (all asking about my "changes" since California. NICE! I told them to tell you "hi" but it sounds like that message got lost in translation (surprise, surprise).
Next time we're there will make sure to call ahead and schedule an appt. to see you :)
Sorry we missed ya!

Jodie said...

Cute blog! We'll have to set up a playdate for the girls. Stila also keeps asking where Mylee and Brooks are...

k8shoe said...

Saw the name Stila above....LOVE it. I really liked Stella too but couldn't talk my husband into it but maybe he'll go for Stila.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

So who's the blogger--John or Jodie? I checked out your page and it is SOO cute (must be Jodie he he)!!! I'd LOVE to get the kids together--WHENEVER!

Katie, if you think the name Stila is cute, you should actually see stila--SOO CUTE!!!

Danielle said...

Hi Melanie!

The picture of Pres. Hinkley was given to me my the Bishop. It has a number on the back if you want one I can get it to you! Let me know!

-KJ said...

BORING!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

kj...lame!

Danielle--YES! I would love it!!!
Thank you :)