
I'm in love with a VAMPIRE! Well, not really (that's actually the name of Twilight in Europe) but I love these Stephenie Meyer books. I've been enthralled with them the last few weeks. I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands, but when I get it-I'm reading these books! Forget about cleaning, dinner, blogging-yes, even my blogging has been shoved aside for these books. I've been getting comments about my lack of blogging lately. Not that I don't have things to blog about-Our recent trip to San Diego, Mylee and Brooks starting Soccer & School. I'll get to them I promise-but today is a very special day. It's Bella's Birthday! So I'm dedicating todays post to Bella and Edward(the vampire)! And because I am SO HOOKED on these books!
It all started a few months ago when I saw my friends Tiffany and Teressa roller blading past my house. I ran out to say "hi" and all Tiff would talk about was EDWARD, EDWARD, OH EDWARD. Making comments like "I want to suck your blood". Telling me I HAVE to read these books. GAG! I mean come on-can you blame me? First of all a VAMPIRE book and secondly it's written by an LDS author-uhhhgg!
She kept hounding me about reading these books...no way was she going to get me to read them-not on my life!
She was OBSESSED with this "Edward" (the vampire). She was even wearing a tattoo with his name on it (comes in the second book). She's actually pretty normal, but this behavior was anything BUT! Before I knew it, all my friends were talking about Edward, Edward, Edward!
Meanwhile, we moved to California but returned back for a quick visit to Utah. We went to our friends house the night before going home when the "vampire books" came up. All the girls are just RAVING about these books. Amy and Teressa have read them too(thanks to Tiff) so Katie and I are just listening to them ready to gag! It's 11:45 p.m. but somehow they convince us to go to Wal-Mart to buy these books. Unfortunately(to my relief) they were all SOLD OUT! Dang, I was so looking forward to reading these Mormon vampire books-NOT!
The following week Dwight took a trip to Barnes and Noble and so kindly(as he always is) bought me these "vampire" books - ALL 3 of them!
I decided I would look through the first book twilight. It was 500 pages of what looked like big letters and easy reading. Side note, I haven't read a fictional book in over 7 years! I decided I'd give it a whirl and see what all this fuss is about. I read the first chapter-o.k., the second-even better, so onto the next...before I knew it, I too was HOOKED! After I finished the entire book, I couldn't wait to read the next-thankfully Dwight purchased all 3 for me. I don't know if I could have endured the torture of waiting another day to read the next book!
These books are SOOO GOOD! At times I am reading them thinking holly crow(I stole that expression from the book-hehe) what am I doing? These books are so absurd-yet so REAL! I even cried in the beginning of new moon -if you've read it you know what I mean, if not-you've GOT to read them!
***but just a warning*** You WILL get addicted and won't want to do anything else besides read these books and dream of EDWARD! Make sure all the laundry is done, dishes washed and have a few frozen meals on hand! Oh, and sorry to get you involved in this...
Well got to go, Edward is calling my name and my tattoo has been drying for longer than 3 minutes now :) THANKS TIFF!


10 comments:
Oh my. This is exactly why I haven't read them yet! Everyone tells me this!
Good to see it was blog worthy! Maybe Edward can be one of Dwight's "things"! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh, if you only knew (hehe)
Mel, you are too funny. I got your comment on my blog. Okay, first things first...EDWARD! I am still in a funk since I am done with the books. But don't you worry, I am reading Twilight again. It is nice because I am not in any hurry and there are TONS of little things that make sense now. The for song for Jacob is on my blog like 7 posts down. I wish I had the perfect one for Edward and me, er, I mean Bella! (If you go to the Jacob song you will see that I was just like you...there was no way I was going to read a book about a Vampire, let alone 3). I seriously cried too, in New Moon. I HATED that part and almost didn't finish the book. I finally skipped through the chapters to make sure Edward came back and then decided to finish it out. I'm glad I did now. I want to know what you think about Eclipse. I liked it but there were a few things that bugged me...
Anyway, about the IPOD, I LOVE it! It is a lot smaller and has way more storage. The Nano is really cool though. Small yet tons of storage. If you want small check into it. I had a hard time deciding.
About San Fran and Wendy, we are going tomorrow! I am sooo excited. We are meeting Jane and Jake there also. We are going to his tourny, shopping, eating, all the good stuff! I am so excited!
K, sorry the novel but I can't help it when it comes to Edward! I can't wait to hear what you think about Eclipse!
So where in the books are you?
K, I was under some weird impression that you were going to start blogging or something? NEW POST!
Uh Kj, isn't that the pot calling the kettle whorey? (If you didn't watch the VMA's, you probably might not quite get that one)
Yeah! I totally agree! Besides, I like pulling up my blog and seeing "Edward". I just might not ever add another post...okay, fine give me another day or two with Edward and then I'll move on...YOU TOO KJ!
Katie, this is actually pretty funny but, there is a band called the mitch hansen band(you can find them on Stephenie Meyer's myspace page-yep, she's one of my friends now:) Anyway, they wrote a bunch of songs that go along with the whole Twilight saga. You'll have to check it out- KJ, get reading!
Welcome to my world. I just hope that I can find myself an Edward... I finished all three books the week of finals. Not the best idea, but I couldn't put them down.
How are you?
Hey, it's good to hear from you! I know, I am totally in love with Edward! My husband's a little jealous...can you blame him??? I'm making him read the books right now-he just makes fun of me. We're great and lovin' it here in Cali. You should come visit sometime-next weekend a few friends from UT are coming down to go SKY DIVING-you should join us :)
I wish I could have talked my husband into letting me come on that trip, all though I don't think he'd want me to go sky diving without him.
Post a Comment